Mum of twin teens - nothing else scares me!

Saturday, 23 August 2014

Fantasy Home by the Sea...

For those of you who are regular readers of my blog you'll know that I've always dreamt of living by the sea. I've recently joined Pinterest and started a board crammed with  ideas that I hope to be able to furnish my seaside pad with someday. So, when I spotted the Dream Room Blogger Competition over at Little Stuff's Blog, I was inspired to have a go. The competition is being run by Anglian Home to promote the launch of their digital magazine, Good to Be Home. The prize is £750 in John Lewis vouchers.

The thought process behind all of my selections is bringing the great outdoors inside. I'm under no illusion that the great British winter can be harsh, especially if you live by the coast and so, making the most of themes and colours inspired by nature has been influential in each of my choices. This is how I envisage my living room will look...


Lighting and Furniture...



1. Mojito Colour Set - £32.95 for 35 lights (Cable & Cotton), 2. Driftwood Side Table - £120 (French Connection), 3. Kos Coffee Table - £473 (Denelli Italia) 4. Sebastian 7 Light Drop Ceiling Light - £290 (John Lewis), 5. Lazio 3-Seater Sofa in Dark Chocolate Leather - £982.80 (Denelli Italia).


Decorative Accessories...



6. Rocks In The Sea - £242.94 (40" x 26.63" Canvas Print - Fine Art America), 7. Mediterraneo Fruit Bowl - £78 (Alessi Shop), 8. Casa Fly Magazine Rack in Blue Turquoise - £235.45 (Harrogate Interiors), 9. Honeycomb Glass Bud Vase - £22 (French Connection), 10. Christian Lacroix Tempera Rug - £995 (Occa).


Sitting comfortably? Wrap up warm and read a good book...



 
11. Cattelan Italia Sylvester Chaise - £2841 (Thru The Looking Glass), 12. Croft Collection Flynn Ribbed Knit Cushion in Natural - £25 (John Lewis), 13. Taschen 100 Getaways Around the World - £35 (Amara), 14. Croft Collection Flynn Ribbed Knit Cushions in Petrol Blue - £25 (John Lewis), 15. Luxe Natural Fur Throw - £90 (Next),

I like to think this room would be brilliant all year round, whether (or not) my daughters are home from university. Here's to making plans and moving house in the not too distant future....

The competition closes at 23:55 on Monday 25th August 2014 and there are lots of fabulous entries. I hope you'll pop over and take a peek.

Click on the image below for full terms and conditions.


Good to be Home Dream Room Competition


Until next time...


Copyright ©2014 Izzie Anderton
     

4 comments :

  1. Izzie, that chaise is so amazing. I could just imagine lying on that with a book and a glass of wine. Or just the wine! Good luck with the competition. I think your choices are spot on. I, too, have always wanted to live by the sea or nearby... except I want to do in somewhere tropical. I'm not so great with the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds amazing. Curling up with a book by a fire with the water outside would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds absolutely amazing Izzie. Love your ideas too and welcome to pinterest. I love pinterest. I get on and get lost for hours pinning and getting ideas from it. Never a good idea if you are pushed for time. lol Great post. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh some lovely choices there. Good luck in the competition x x x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© The World According to Izzie , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena